2. How does Casa Bos use your personal data? In this section, your will find information about the various purposes for which Casa Bos processes your personal data, which personal data are involved, what the legal basis is for the use of your data, and how long the data are stored.
2.1 Creating a Casa Bos account on our website or in our app This account consists of at least your login name (email address) and password. You can manage your information via your account. You can also delete your account yourself. Your account and information about your bookings and billing are stored by Casa Bos for up to 7 years after your most recent booking.
2.2 Handling your requests and bookings In order to make or request a booking, you must create an account and enter personal data. We process the information you have entered or otherwise provided, such as your name, address, email address, structure of your travel company, information about the accommodation, the period of your stay, any special amenities, payment information. We also use your location data whenever you have granted us access to it via the app. The mandatory data we require for your booking are as follows: your name, your address, your email address, your telephone number, composition of your travel party, information about the accommodation, the duration of stay, any special requirements and payment details. In addition, optional information may need to be added such as details about the composition of your group and, if you hire a holiday home in Spain, your type of identification and identification number in order to comply with the Spanish legislation. We will then submit this information to the Spanish authorities and shall not use this information for any other purpose. We process the information you have entered or provided in another manner. By submitting a request or making a booking, you will automatically be recorded in our address database. We use your information to communicate the status of your reservation and payment, to make the booking for you, to send you the necessary information about your stay and to send you service notifications. We also use the booking information and information about requests (on an aggregated level) to perform analyses and create reports for the purposes of our strategic and operational business management. Should you prefer not to provide your email address when submitted a request or making a booking, you can book over the phone via our Service Centre. However, the additional personal data will still be required. Belvilla processes the aforementioned personal data to carry out your booking, so these data are necessary for the execution of the agreement between yourself and Casa Bos. The personal data that we process in connection with your request or booking are stored in general for 7 years in compliance with legal data storage time limits.
2.4 Responding to your questions or complaints and service emails You can send us any questions related to your booking, request or other comments or complaints by email, via WhatsApp or by phoning our Customer Service. In that case, we use your personal data to handle your questions, to be able to get back in contact with you and to be able to undertake other necessary actions in response to your complaint or request. We maintain a record of which times and via which channels we have been in contact with you, the reasons for your contact and the relevant content of what was discussed or the emails that have been exchanged. If you are not recorded in our address database, then, with your consent, the Customer Service can make a record of your question and contact information so that it can provide you with better service and so that any future questions or bookings can be handled more efficiently. In case you have not completed an online booking, we can contact you to remind you of the non-completed booking, to ask whether something has gone wrong or to refer you to other possible accommodations that may interest you instead. This information is necessary to execute the agreement with you or is in Casa Bos legitimate interest to be able to provide you with better service. The information that the Customer Service collects from you is stored for 7 years.
2.5 Data about visiting and using the Casa Bos website Whenever you visit our website, various data about you are automatically registered on our server, such as which web pages you visit, your IP address (a unique number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your internet service provider when you go online), the name of your computer's operating system and the type of web browser you are using. We also keep track of your use of the newsletter, such as which pages you view and which components you read, so we can further adjust the content of the newsletter to match your interests. Information about your click and search behaviour, as well as your past requests and bookings enables us to formulate segments and categorize you into one of these segments. Segments are groups of website visitors or customers on an aggregated level who have various characteristics in common, such as their age group, gender or region. Belvilla uses these to adjust the website and, for example, to make the layout more convenient for you, to change the order of search results, to change the visibility of specific offers and to design certain pages differently. Segments are also used to display advertisements that we think are relevant to you on our website, on the websites of third parties and for campaigns on our website or in our app. For example, if you have booked multiple stays at a holiday home in France with a private swimming pool, then we will specifically show you information that is possibly interesting to you, such as new homes available for rent via Casa Bos that are also located in Spain and have a private swimming pool. Data that are important for us in connection with the functionality of the website, such as your favourites, login status and feedback, are stored for up to 11 years from the time of your most recent visit to our website or the most recent time you used your account. Data about your click and search behaviour and other data registered in connection with your visit to the website are stored for 2 years.
2.6 Maintenance and optimisation of our website and app Your personal data are also used to analyse and maintain the use of our website, app and related technologies, to resolve any outages, to improve availability and to protect against fraud (for example, whenever multiple attempts are made to complete a booking, or if a booking is made in violation of our general terms and conditions).
5. Third parties We will only share your personal data with third parties whenever necessary:
- within the context of services which we require in order to carry out your request or booking and which are provided by a third party such as an IT service provider, product supplier or service partner;
- in order to carry out your request or booking, we provide your personal data to the home owner in question. Home owners are also obligated to comply with applicable privacy law when using your personal data. Additionally, they are contractually obligated towards Casa Bos to store and use your personal information with care;
- for completing your payment for the rented accommodation and additional costs. Casa Bos uses Ideal, PayPal and Tikkie as payment service providers. We recommend that you review the privacy policies of these providers, because they are responsible themselves for processing your data in connection with the payment; for employing third parties such as Google to analyse the data about your use of the Casa Bos website and app and to personalise the website and communication, to employ third parties to display relevant offers and advertisements.
6. Security Proper protection of your personal data is a major priority for Casa Bos. Therefore, Casa Bos has taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against unauthorised or otherwise unwanted access. This is visible to you in various ways, including the small padlock symbol that appears in your browser when you are making a booking. Employees of Casa Bos or third parties commissioned by Casa Bos only have access to your personal data to the extent necessary to perform their tasks. We also recommend that you choose as secure a password as possible when creating a 'My Casa Bos' account, that you do not disclose it to anyone else and that you change it regularly. We store your password in an encrypted form. We regularly perform automated security scans on our website and app and take adequate measures to protect our systems against unauthorised access.
7. Your rights with regard to your personal data You have the right to view all your data as registered with Casa Bos and to adjust it (or request for it be adjusted) if it is incorrect or incomplete. You must also adjust your information as saved in your account yourself if this information changes. Furthermore, you have the right to delete or restrict processing of your personal data by Casa Bos under certain circumstances and the right to ask Casa Bos to process your personal data to yourself or to a third party. If you have already made a booking with Casa Bos, you can view and change your information in My Casa Bos.